Tuesday, January 19, 2010

01/18 Pigeon!


It's a day late. Sorry. A pencil sketch using several different pencil densities (2B, 4B, 6B).  Yes, I see this animal every day. I do research on how these guys learn about the environment (spatial memory) as a biological model for dementia and aging.  So I do homing work, and some behavoral work in the lab in a small arena. It's a living. I will say that pigeons (Columba livia) are a LOT more messy than my original bird species of study- the white-crowned sparrow (Zonotrichia leucophrys).  Poo from a songbird is much more preferable to deal with than the poo generated by pigeons.  Ick.

3 comments:

  1. He looks much smarter than those Goodfeathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Someone remembers those guys? I'd thought that everyone forgot about them by now, seeing that Animaniacs was over 15 years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shhh! That was my favorite (after Pinky and the Brain)

    ReplyDelete