Friday, February 5, 2010

02/03 Zodiac study

I'm behind on the derby, and my msce work, so I quick sketched some of my animals for the upcoming derby just to see what I could do without looking at reference art. I plan on trying something abstract, embedding the cartoon animals for the signs in otherwise diverse distractors (swervy lines, etc. So the animals will be subtle, not obvious. That way, I avoid the cartoony look of just having the animals in there).  But at this point, I'm not sure since the last thing I want to do is slap cartoon signs on a shirt in a grid pattern, since that's what a lot of people will do and it's not terribly creative. So I am still trying to come up with a unique idea. One is to use an oroborous circle, where each animal is eating the tail of the previous year's animal, but I'm not good at entire animals, and that'll be a lot of work for unknown benefit.  We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. I really like the lines in the ox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a cool idea. I remember when I was a kid just drawing random lines then coloring things inside to made something. Fun!

    ReplyDelete