Monday, November 9, 2009

Slow Day


Nothing in the shirt.woot derby this week, so I have very little to add in the way of content. So I might as well talk about some old design I liked.

A long time ago, I had an idea for an art series- MechanArt. Mechanical-designed biology illustrations. I have been making them over the years (30+ now), and I've been able to make several into illustrations and shirt. This is the first one, which I always called "Rode Runner". It had a poem that went with it (a haiku actually), and entered both for the yearly poetry collection in my High school. They were supposed to go together, but they printed the poem but not the art that inspired it.

This design took me about a day, converting from an ink/pencil sketch years ago into the digital realm of line drawings. Came out nice too. The background is the only crappy part, one that I should have worked on harder to fit with the overall design.

No comments:

Post a Comment